Automobiles and Student Parking Policy
Parking is a privilege at Osceola High School. Only seniors and juniors may purchase a parking permit. Parking privileges costs $50.00. Parking privileges can be revoked for disciplinary reasons.
- No student may park on the school grounds until his/her have purchased an authorized parking permit from Osceola High School. Any student who parks in an unauthorized area or parks without a legally purchased parking permit may have the vehicle booted or towed at the owner’s expense.
- Students will only be allowed to park in the area designated for student parking, and will only park in his/her reserve parking space.
- Report lost or stolen permits. A replacement permit will cost $50.00 Students will not be allowed to park on campus until a replacement permit is purchased.
- Parking permit must be displayed as instructed, in the designated location on the vehicle at all times. Failure to properly display the parking permit may result in the vehicle being booted or towed at the owner’s expense.
For Safety and Security Purposes the Following Will Apply:
- Student cannot give or resell his/her parking permit to another student.
- No refunds will be given to students who lose their parking privilege for disciplinary reasons.
- A parking permit cannot be transferred from the vehicle to which it is registered to any other vehicle without administrative approval.
- Any student who is in possession of a stolen or counterfeit permit will face disciplinary action.
- Students are not to congregate in the parking lot, sit in or on their vehicles, or play loud music while on school grounds.
- The speed limit on campus is 10 mph. Reckless driving of any type by a student which creates endangerment when entering, leaving, or while on school grounds is not permitted. Students may not transport any other student off campus during school.
Violation of the driving/parking regulations may result in disciplinary action up to and including the revocation of driving/parking privileges.
Osceola High School and the Osceola School District are not liable for any damage, vandalism or theft from vehicles parked on school property. Osceola High School reserves the right to revoke parking privileges at any time.
To register your vehicle, you must have the following:
- Valid Florida Driver’s License
- Copy of Florida Vehicle Registration (Temporary Tags are NOT acceptable)
- Proof of automobile insurance
- Signed parking affidavit from parent/guardian
- No outstanding obligations
School officials have the right to search any vehicle at any time on Osceola High School campus. F.S. 232.256, 230.22(2).